- Relating to the sense of smell: the olfactory organsMore example sentences
- The molecules diffuse through the surface layer of mucus and stimulate the olfactory receptors.
- It was one of the sweetest smells their olfactory organs had ever encountered.
- The olfactory organ is located in the mucous membrane lining the uppermost part of the roof of the nasal cavity.
mid 17th century: from Latin olfactare (frequentative of olfacere 'to smell') + -ory2.
More definitions of olfactoryDefinition of olfactory in:
- The US English dictionary