- Frankincense.More example sentences
- There are some great ozonic nuances to the male version - with undertones of olibanum, musk and benzoin - while the female variety has a fresh and fruity top note, with hints of papaya flower, aquatic melon and moss.
- Most of the ingredients come from abroad such as olibanum, the proper name for Frankincense, which comes from the sap of a tree in the mountains of Somalia, and petit grain, which is derived from beating young twigs off trees in Paraguay.
- Nothing too esoteric - just big amounts of powder, storax and olibanum and things like that.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin, from late Latin libanus, from Greek libanos 'frankincense'.
More definitions of olibanumDefinition of olibanum in:
- The US English dictionary