Definition of oligaemia in English:
Another term for hypovolaemia.
- The chest radiograph showed a small left pleural effusion and oligemia of the right upper lung field.
- It is suggested that renal failure was due to oligaemia after the loss of albumin into and from the skin.
- Cerebral oligaemia episode triggers free radical formation and late cognitive deficiencies.
- Example sentences
- In vascular lung disease, which was suspected in our patient, regions of hyperemic (higher attenuation) lung mimic ground-glass infiltrates when seen adjacent to oligemic (lower attenuation) regions of lung.
- The onset of oligaemic shock is assessed by monitoring urine flow and, additionally, deep body temperature.
- Within 2 hours of admission he suddenly went into oligaemic shock.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan