another term for hypovolaemia.
More example sentences
- The chest radiograph showed a small left pleural effusion and oligemia of the right upper lung field.
- It is suggested that renal failure was due to oligaemia after the loss of albumin into and from the skin.
- Cerebral oligaemia episode triggers free radical formation and late cognitive deficiencies.
mid 19th century: from French oligaimie, from Greek oligaimia.
- More example sentences
- In vascular lung disease, which was suspected in our patient, regions of hyperemic (higher attenuation) lung mimic ground-glass infiltrates when seen adjacent to oligemic (lower attenuation) regions of lung.
- The onset of oligaemic shock is assessed by monitoring urine flow and, additionally, deep body temperature.
- Within 2 hours of admission he suddenly went into oligaemic shock.