Definition of oliguria in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
The production of abnormally small amounts of urine.
- In non-fatal cases recovery was complete and occurred within a further 3 h. There were no gastrointestinal or renal symptoms such as diarrhoea, anuria, oliguria or haematuria during the entire period of observation.
- Chronic renal failure with oliguria or anuria complicates fluid management during critical illnesses, particularly when cardiac disease coexists.
- After surgery she deteriorated noticeably with oliguria, disseminated intravascular coagulation, respiratory distress, bleeding duodenal ulcer, sepsis, and Clostridium difficile diarrhoea.
- Example sentences
- If infant is anuric or oliguric, think about dehydration, sepsis, renal abnormalities, or obstruction.
- The intravenous dye used during angiography can precipitate acute oliguric renal failure in patients with early renal impairment.
- Two days after would repair, she underwent hemodialysis for oliguric acute renal failure with severe volume overload and hyperkalemia.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan