noun (plural ollies)
- (In skateboarding and snowboarding) a jump performed without the aid of a take-off ramp, executed by pressing the foot down on the tail of the board to rebound the deck off the ground.More example sentences
- While Sherm dealt the frontside half-Cab flip and switch backside flip, Eric had the thankless task of working with the fakie ollie one-foot tail grab.
- Sean got on the board, and did a perfect ollie, and skated back towards Ashlee.
- I learned fakie ollies below coping, popping the tail off the wall and floating without hands.
verb (ollies, ollieing, ollied)[no object] Back to top
- Perform an ollie: they taught me to ollie and stuffMore example sentences
- He talks about grinding and ollieing and stuff.
- I hopped on my skateboard and ollied up onto the sidewalk and skated towards the fence in front of the skate park.
- A grin formed on my face as I rode my little heart out, ollieing over benches, kick flipping over curbs and grinding along concrete barriers.
1980s: of unknown origin.
More definitions of ollieDefinition of ollie in:
- The US English dictionary