Definition of ollie in English:
noun (plural ollies)
(In skateboarding and snowboarding) a jump performed without the aid of a take-off ramp, executed by pressing the foot down on the tail of the board to rebound the deck off the ground.
- While Sherm dealt the frontside half-Cab flip and switch backside flip, Eric had the thankless task of working with the fakie ollie one-foot tail grab.
- Sean got on the board, and did a perfect ollie, and skated back towards Ashlee.
- I learned fakie ollies below coping, popping the tail off the wall and floating without hands.
verb (ollies, ollieing, ollied)[no object] Back to top
Perform an ollie: they taught me to ollie and stuff
More example sentences
- He talks about grinding and ollieing and stuff.
- I hopped on my skateboard and ollied up onto the sidewalk and skated towards the fence in front of the skate park.
- A grin formed on my face as I rode my little heart out, ollieing over benches, kick flipping over curbs and grinding along concrete barriers.
1970s: from the name of the US skateboarder Alan ‘Ollie’ Gelfand, who invented the jump in 1976.
Definition of ollie in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.