noun (plural olorosos)[mass noun]
- 1A heavy, dark, medium-sweet sherry.More example sentences
- Pale, dry fino and amontillado style wines are made from free-run juice, while heavier styles similar to oloroso are made from the subsequent pressings.
- Sherries make a soothing and relaxing nightcap, especially the dark oloroso ones, so full of flavour they taste sweet, though many contain almost no sugar at all.
- Pedro Ximenez, oloroso, palo cortado or amontillado should be taken out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you're planning to drink them, but manzanilla and fino should be enjoyed ice-cold.
- 1.1Sherry which does not have a covering of flor (yeast) during production, used to make oloroso and cream sherries. Compare with fino.More example sentences
- Below 14.5 the usual result is vinegar; above 16.0 the yeast struggles and dies, resulting in an oloroso style of sherry.
- Cream sherry is actually made from the Oloroso variety of sherry.
Spanish, literally 'fragrant'.
More definitions of olorosoDefinition of oloroso in:
- The US English dictionary