- An unsaturated fatty acid of a kind occurring chiefly in fish oils, with double bonds between the carbon atoms that are third and second from the end of the hydrocarbon chain.More example sentences
- Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in fish, such as salmon, tuna, and halibut, other marine life such as algae and krill, certain plants (including purslane), and nut oils.
- Omega-3 fatty acids benefit the heart of healthy people, people at high risk of cardiovascular disease and patients with cardiovascular disease.
- There is strong scientific evidence from human trials that omega-3 fatty acids from fish or fish oil supplements (EPA + DHA) significantly reduce blood triglyceride levels.
More definitions of omega-3 fatty acidDefinition of omega-3 fatty acid in:
- The US English dictionary