Definition of omentum in English:
noun (plural omenta /-tə/)Anatomy
A fold of peritoneum connecting the stomach with other abdominal organs.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy was performed, which revealed dilated veins in the omentum and falciform ligament, a nodular liver, and a mass in the right lower quadrant.
- Gliomatosis peritonei is a miliary implantation of mature glial tissue on the omentum and peritoneum associated with ovarian teratomas.
- Metastatic tumor was present in the bilateral lungs, liver, omentum, bones, bilateral adrenal glands, abdominal lymph nodes, and liver.
late Middle English: from Latin.
- Example sentences
- Retroperitpneal, peripancreatic, porta hepatis and mesenteric / omental lymph node enlargement may be evident.
- A left salpingo-oophorectomy, left pelvic lymph node dissection, omental biopsy, and pelvic washings for cytology were performed.
- A detailed review of the patient's medical records confirmed a right hemicolectomy for an ileal carcinoid with lymph node and omental metastases that had been performed elsewhere 10 years earlier.
Definition of omentum in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia