- 1The fifteenth letter of the Greek alphabet (Ο, ο), transliterated as ‘o’.More example sentences
- Ah, yes, the round letters are quite small; yes, the omicrons and omegas seem to hover, there, in the middle of the line.
- The space between this letter and the omicron is apparently uninscribed, presumably because of the defect in the stone.
- Finally, in the combination iota, omicron, iota, the omicron in fr.1 is regularly placed higher in the stoichos than in fr.2.
- 1.1 (Omicron) [followed by Latin genitive] Astronomy The fifteenth star in a constellation: Omicron PisciumMore example sentences
- The golden beam flew to the constellation Omicron, the red went to Lambda, the blue to Kappa, the black to Upsilon, the white light went to Epsilon, and the purple to Tau.
from Greek o mikron 'small o'.
More definitions of omicronDefinition of omicron in:
- The US English dictionary