Definition of omniscient in English:
Knowing everything: a third-person omniscient narrator
More example sentences
- An omniscient author knows everything about everybody in the story.
- As Prague's omniscient narrator explains, the game is fundamentally flawed.
- It's certainly more cinematic than many comics for the simple fact that it has no thought balloons and no omniscient narrator.
- Example sentences
- Barker never writes omnisciently; even in the third person, the narration is always told from one character or another's point of view.
- Here the singer expresses a rather queasy fantasy - that of being able to control, or at least omnisciently observe, his lover's errant sexual behavior.
- You are expected as a doctor to be calm, absolutely competent at all time - omnisciently so - you have absolutely no margin of error.
Early 17th century: from medieval Latin omniscient- 'all-knowing', based on scire 'to know'.
Words that rhyme with omniscientinsouciant • renunciant
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.