- A track cycling competition consisting of a number of contests of different types, both races and time trials.More example sentences
- The Omnium, a six-discipline event, concludes on Sunday with the 15km scratch race and the 1km time trial.
- Before the omnium, Trott promised her sister she would buy her a car if she won a second gold.
- Interesting and obscure sports like the omnium and the steeplechase might finally get their due, not to mention insanely popular but strangely neglected ones like soccer.
1940s: Latin, literally 'of all'.
More definitions of omniumDefinition of omnium in:
- The US English dictionary