- • informal Looking for an opportunity to obtain something without paying for it: they’re all liars and on the cadgeMore example sentences
- Talking about butter, my music teacher at Caerwedros was always on the cadge for my butter, shop ration.
- In the village he introduced himself - he was on the cadge for a torque wrench.
- Admittedly, Thomas was often on the cadge but he seems always to have re-paid his debts.
More definitions of on the cadgeDefinition of on the cadge in:
- The US English dictionary