- In a secretive fashion: she was drinking on the slyMore example sentences
- Unfortunately, the train to my conference left at 4 AM after a night spent trying to acquire a travel visa on the sly, which meant drinking a lot of vodka.
- And there still is such a thing as scavenging on the sly - sneaking into dumpsters for the great find.
- Younger and wirier than his charge, talking a mile a minute and singing during his chores, he nonetheless shows a careworn, weary face, and he drinks on the sly.
More definitions of on the slyDefinition of on the sly in:
- The US English dictionary