- 1At some time in the past (used as a conventional opening of a story).More example sentences
- As the conventional story goes, once upon a time the West slumbered in intellectual darkness.
- Well once upon a time, which is when my story begins, there was a little boy who lived in that cottage and on a particular summer's afternoon he was standing out in the garden.
- The boy starts his story once upon a time, knowing that's how stories begin.
- 1.1Formerly: once upon a time she would have been jealous, but no longerMore example sentences
- I have four (previously five, and once upon a time, nine) cats, so I have a little experience on this topic.
- I mean, they were a good band - I loved them once upon a time, and yes I had teenage girl dreams about Robert Plant.
- Yes, once upon a time, I could read music, thanks to my grandfather.
More definitions of once upon a timeDefinition of once upon a time in:
- The US English dictionary