Definition of one-man band in English:
1A street entertainer who plays many instruments at the same time.
- From its humble origins as the one-man band of Dallas indie rocker John Dufilho, the Deathray Davies has released a handful of colorfully named albums.
- I am totally different from everyone else in the game because not only do I rap, I also produce, play musical instruments and sing which makes me literally, a one-man band.
- If they bothered to turn around, they saw a monotonous singer, a cacophonous one-man band, a juggler of little note.
1.1A person who runs a business alone: as a one-man band his overheads were negligible
More example sentences
- In a similar vein, one-product companies, one-client businesses and one-man bands are rarely good long-term stock market bets.
- At present the French one-man band running the dive operation in Fare is a little lackadaisical.
- A business that started as a one-man band and today employs 43 staff is now poised for the next stage of growth.
Definition of one-man band in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan