1A pair of punches delivered in quick succession with alternate hands.
- But if Pentham's goal was a real sucker punch then the one-two combination in the first four minutes had Teachers reeling on the ropes.
- Woo, who had previously tackled kung fu as well as staid dramedies, set about changing that with the one-two punch of The Killer and then Hard Boiled.
- She served up a spectacular one-two punch in her first two years as a pro.
2chiefly Soccer A move in which a player plays a short pass to a teammate and moves forward to receive an immediate return pass: the midfielder played a one-two with Dowie
More example sentences
- From the free-kick, Williams race forward, played a one-two with Reeves again, before firing home from tight angle.
- Murphy moved forward with a one-two with Black, the slither proceeded to McAvoy.
- Poborsky goes on a surging run, cuts in from the right, picks up a lovely one-two from a team-mate on the edge of the box and shoots just over the United bar.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: one-two
Definition of one-two in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.