- Relating to dreams or dreaming.More example sentences
- Reason's inability to understand, let alone tame and control the realm of dreams, suggests that dreams may be the sublime form of intelligence, an oneiric logic or law whose murmurs we ignore at our peril.
- The film, Un chien andalou (An Andalusian Dog), like Dali's paintings of that era, summons from the unconscious oneiric images weighty with a mysterious significance that would require an interpreter to reveal.
- So many electrifying images, worthy of the most intense film: an almost oneiric scene in which, amidst swirling radioactive dust, a woman - her eyes coalmine black and totally devoid of affect - clings onto the shrouded corpse of a baby.
mid 19th century: from Greek oneiros 'dream' + -ic.
More definitions of oneiricDefinition of oneiric in:
- The US English dictionary