(also Internet dating)
Definition of online dating in English:
The practice of searching for a romantic or sexual partner on the Internet, typically via a dedicated website: with the rise of Internet dating has come a new carelessness about dating etiquette
More example sentences
- Ten per cent of the 2,000 people questioned for the BT poll said they were seeing people they met through internet dating or social networking sites.
- I'm in my mid-30s and have started doing some internet dating.
- I have had plenty of relationship experience in the past but never really "dated" very actively until the advent of internet dating.
online dater noun (also Internet dater)
- Example sentences
- The "confidence man" of the nineteenth century, with his dandified ruses, is replaced by the well-chosen screen name and false autobiography of the unscrupulous Internet dater.
- Nothing feels worse to online daters than being told that there are no matches for them.
- 94% of online daters questioned said that they met their online dates for more than one meeting.
Definition of online dating in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan