Definition of onomatopoeic in English:
Using or relating to onomatopoeia: onomatopoeic words like ‘bang’ and ‘coo’
More example sentences
- In the silent film, allied to the onomatopoeic imitation of sound was the expectation of sound where there was none.
- He is the most onomatopoeic of the leading poets, able to imitate the sounds of everything from bird calls to the eerie noise of cracking ice.
- Often it stems from his words, which, as in a misspelled grocery sign or an onomatopoeic utterance, appear both everyday and incorrect.
- 1onomatopoeically adverb
- Example sentences
- And don't forget Harley-Davidson motorcycle riders can onomatopoeically describe their bikes at idle by uttering potatopotatopotatopotato.
- The first, the Xuezhai Qiao, is five minutes from the bus station by the two-stroke tricycle taxis the Chinese name onomatopoeically bengbengche.
- In ‘The Ox Pull’ these methods serve onomatopoeically.
Words that rhyme with onomatopoeiclogorrhoeic (US logorrheic), mythopoeic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.