- Using or relating to onomatopoeia: onomatopoeic words like ‘bang’ and ‘coo’More example sentences
- In the silent film, allied to the onomatopoeic imitation of sound was the expectation of sound where there was none.
- He is the most onomatopoeic of the leading poets, able to imitate the sounds of everything from bird calls to the eerie noise of cracking ice.
- Often it stems from his words, which, as in a misspelled grocery sign or an onomatopoeic utterance, appear both everyday and incorrect.
- More example sentences
- And don't forget Harley-Davidson motorcycle riders can onomatopoeically describe their bikes at idle by uttering potatopotatopotatopotato.
- The first, the Xuezhai Qiao, is five minutes from the bus station by the two-stroke tricycle taxis the Chinese name onomatopoeically bengbengche.
- In ‘The Ox Pull’ these methods serve onomatopoeically.