(also onsides kick)
- An intentionally short kick-off that travels forward only slightly further than the legally required distance of 10 yards, and which the kicking team attempts to recover.More example sentences
- After the score, Houston attempted a surprise onside kick, but failed to recover.
- I would practice kickoffs and onside kicks, but when it came time to practice field goals, you're at the mercy of how much time the holder and snapper can give you.
- They scored a touchdown, then recovered an onside kick, then threw a Hail Mary that was caught in the endzone as time expired.
More definitions of onside kickDefinition of onside kick in:
- The US English dictionary