- A cell in an ovary which may undergo meiotic division to form an ovum.More example sentences
- In mammals, signals from the gonads determine whether the germ cells develop into oocytes or sperm.
- As semen quality reduces, the proportion of oocytes fertilised by in vitro insemination decreases.
- However, in young women this comes at a price - many women lose ovarian function because oocytes or their support cells are damaged by the treatment.
More definitions of oocyteDefinition of oocyte in:
- The US English dictionary