- Used to show recognition of a mistake or minor accident, often as part of an apology: Oops! I’m sorry. I just made you miss your bus!More example sentences
- Apparently I had dialed the phone number of the local police station by mistake, oops.
- The difference is, when the government does something, it has to get it right, because it's only going to do it once - only oops!
- She is one of those show-off, marathon-running types of people… oops!
natural exclamation: first recorded in English in the 1930s.
More definitions of oopsDefinition of oops in:
- The US English dictionary