Definition of opalescent in English:
Showing many small points of shifting colour against a pale or dark ground: an opalescent sky
More example sentences
- This process helps combat the natural bitter flavour of the drink and releases its brilliant opalescent green colour.
- Robineau used a semiopaque white glaze tinted with copper, which yields greens that range in tone from a pale opalescent turquoise to a stronger green on the cover, stand, and medallions.
- In late afternoon the white sand flew in tatters across the dissolving sun, an opalescent filter, the sky radiating throbbing waves of bruised purple, cobalt and amethyst into the slim gray shred of sand making the horizon.
- Example sentences
- Moments of critical opalescence in the history of science - moments when a huge variety of scales are implicated - are not frequent.
- Glacier Park has quite a few mountains with living glaciers, and the runoff rivulets, creeks and rivers have an opalescence that is indescribably beautiful.
- Also in this case, the formation of vesicles is suggested by the opalescence of the solution.
Words that rhyme with opalescentacquiescent, adolescent, albescent, Besant, coalescent, confessant, convalescent, crescent, depressant, effervescent, erubescent, evanescent, excrescent, flavescent, fluorescent, immunosuppressant, incandescent, incessant, iridescent, juvenescent, lactescent, liquescent, luminescent, nigrescent, obsolescent, pearlescent, phosphorescent, pubescent, putrescent, quiescent, suppressant, turgescent, virescent, viridescent
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.