noun[mass noun] Christian Church
- Communion administered to any Christian believer.More example sentences
- Finally, there is a review of factors to be taken into account in deciding whether the consequences of open communion for Christian life are acceptable.
- Better than offering open communion, the church might well consider how to hold out its hands in invitation over the waters.
- I have suggested that there is a classic soteriology enacted in the structural connection of baptism and Eucharist on which the practice of open communion may have a serious impact.
More definitions of open communionDefinition of open communion in:
- The US English dictionary