Freely expressing or displaying one’s warm and kindly feelings: Betty’s open-hearted goodwill
More example sentences
- ‘The fate of the nation much depends on the unity of intellectuals who are open-minded, religious people who are open-hearted and politicians who are open-mouthed,’ Eko said.
- I'd had lots of friends and classmates back in my high school days who'd seemed a lot like him: the grandkids of Italian and Sicilian immigrants, they were smiling and open-hearted, spunky and pugnacious.
- The Goans, an extremely articulate, hospitable and open-hearted community, have enriched Konkani by adopting and naturalising words from Portuguese, English, Kannada and Marathi.
- Example sentences
- His open-heartedness is contagious; his sincerity and enthusiasm burning a comet-like trail across television's otherwise dark, cynical skies.
- My mother, particularly, and my father sensed a strong affinity with things Irish and the Irish approach to life - with an open-heartedness that people seem to have there.
- A friend recently suggested to me that what makes a strong show is open-heartedness: when a cast is truly excited about the text and the characters and demonstrates having struggled with their interpretation.
Definition of open-hearted in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.