- A letter addressed to a particular person or group of people but intended for publication in a newspaper or journal.More example sentences
- In open letters to Spanish newspapers and at a massive demonstration in downtown Madrid, Garzón decried the war as illegal, unnecessary, and almost certainly counterproductive in the pursuit of a more pro-Western Middle East.
- Rigger specifically cited recent open letters run as newspaper advertisements condemning the dirty campaigning by both sides and bemoaning the failure to address meaningful issues.
- The euro was dangerously premature, they argued in open letters published in major newspapers.
More definitions of open letterDefinition of open letter in:
- The US English dictionary