noun(the open road)
- A main road, especially one outside an urban area where progress is unimpeded: we hit the open road and raced alongMore example sentences
- It's quite perky as you amble off in second gear and once on the open road there's a good surge of power from around 3,500 rpm as the turbo kicks in giving useful torque rather than scary amounts.
- The barn was definitely warmer than the open road outside, without the stiff breeze that had blown each of the past three nights.
- This is a van designed for the rural environment from where I write this publication - the lanes of Devon pose it few problems, although it is equally at home on the open road.
More definitions of open roadDefinition of open road in:
- The US English dictionary