- A cloak of rich material worn over evening clothes, especially by women.More example sentences
- My stepfather was bar-tending in the same bar and one night John Barrymore, who was appearing on stage in Chicago, came in after the show, wearing a long opera cloak and a cloche hat, to have a nightcap.
- Nathalie Hambro mixes and matches with skill that dazzles, Sera Hersham Loftus uses items such as an old linen sheet and an Edwardian opera cloak in ways that would never occur to most people.
- He wafts about in his opera cloak, issuing orders to trembling orchestral musicians, his head stuck in a vanishing age, imagining himself to be at the top of his tree, seemingly unaware that it is rotting.
More definitions of opera cloakDefinition of opera cloak in:
- The US English dictionary