- 1In or ready for use: the new laboratory is fully operationalMore example sentences
- When the channel became operational, it was perceived to be a ‘red’ channel, but that soon changed.
- A 125-megawatt heavy-water reactor became operational near Karachi the same year.
- The composting facility became operational in March this year and so far, 15 tonnes of vermi compost has been sold.
- 1.1Relating to the routine functioning and activities of an organization: the coffee bar’s initial operational costsMore example sentences
- A good example is that of computer systems that support the operational activities of an organization.
- He took charge of all operational functions as well as information technology, human resources, customer service and finance.
- This represents their contribution to operational costs of those activities of the ECB in which they participate.
- 1.2Relating to active operations of the armed forces, police, or emergency services: an operational fighter squadronMore example sentences
- For example, consider cases involving fire services and police forces with an operational dimension to them.
- Substantial numbers of police officers preserve the peace in support of operational police colleagues.
- Because the better operational police officers are the ones who pay attention to what their staff need to perform the job well, which includes the way you manage them.
- 2 Philosophy Relating to or in accordance with operationalism.More example sentences
- The world of which dependent origination is the operational factor is of a different ontological status: one of emptiness.
- He noted that operational definitions link concepts to primary experimental data via the schema
- More example sentences
- The big issues for me, in terms of competence, are you have to be operationally competent, you have to be able to deal with people issues, and people issues come in the hard and soft approach.
- Even if it was operationally possible to keep over 300,000 troops long-term in the Middle East, it is far from clear that containment is preferable to war.
- The exceptions are operationally onerous and impractical, according to the application, because no one knows when a major story will break.