Definition of opopanax in English:
1An acacia tree with violet-scented flowers that yield an essential oil used in perfumery, native to warm regions of America and cultivated elsewhere.
- Acacia farnesiana, family Leguminosae
- When dawn comes tomorrow morning you will be able to see the opoponax sitting on the window sill.
3 [mass noun] A fragrant gum resin which is used in perfumery.
- This resin is obtained from the tree Commiphora kataf, family Burseraceae
- The ingredients asafoetida, galbanum and opoponax are all strong-smelling resins derived from plants.
- The sophisticated men's fragrance contains a rich blend of oriental scents including opoponax, patchouli, amber and musk.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.