- A cup-like outgrowth of the brain of an embryo which develops into the retina.More example sentences
- Cell division also occurs at the distal margin of the optic cup, a region known as the ciliary marginal zone.
- The neural retina of zebrafish, as in other vertebrates, arises from cells that line the optic cup.
- The first transplantation experiments were carried out reciprocally between surface fish and Pachon cavefish: a surface fish lens was transplanted into a cavefish optic cup and vice versa.
More definitions of optic cupDefinition of optic cup in:
- The US English dictionary