- Each of the second pair of cranial nerves, transmitting impulses to the brain from the retina at the back of the eye.More example sentences
- Pressure in the eye builds up and damages the optic nerve and nerve fibres of the retina, leading to glaucoma.
- The most studied topographical projection is that of the optic nerve from the retina into the brain.
- Information that is focused on the retina is then transmitted down the nerve, called the optic nerve, and arrives at the brain.
More definitions of optic nerveDefinition of optic nerve in:
- The US English dictionary