Definition of optional in English:
Available to be chosen but not obligatory: a wide range of optional excursions is offered
More example sentences
- An optional carry case is available which features an armband strap.
- Schooling is compulsory and free for the first nine years and optional and free for the next three.
- He feels that Sanskrit could be introduced as one of the optional languages in schools and colleges.
- Example sentences
- Users can optionally add extra keywords, or tags, to messages.
- If these effects are not judged to be sufficiently powerful, then the player may optionally move on to Emergency Stage Two.
- The unused pieces of polenta can be cut in cubes, optionally sautéed, and simply added to a stew, a stir-fry or a soup.
Words that rhyme with optionalinscriptional • proportional
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan