Definition of optional in English:
Available to be chosen but not obligatory: a wide range of optional excursions is offered
More example sentences
- An optional carry case is available which features an armband strap.
- Schooling is compulsory and free for the first nine years and optional and free for the next three.
- He feels that Sanskrit could be introduced as one of the optional languages in schools and colleges.
- Example sentences
- Users can optionally add extra keywords, or tags, to messages.
- If these effects are not judged to be sufficiently powerful, then the player may optionally move on to Emergency Stage Two.
- The unused pieces of polenta can be cut in cubes, optionally sautéed, and simply added to a stew, a stir-fry or a soup.
Words that rhyme with optionalinscriptional • proportional
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.