- The area of the cerebral cortex located at the base of the frontal lobes above the orbits (or eye sockets), involved especially in social and emotional behaviour.More example sentences
- Disruption of the metabolism of the orbitofrontal cortex may contribute to compulsive drug intake in addicted individuals.
- Without the presence of medial orbitofrontal cortex, we wouldn't have been predisposed to like babies.
- The forebrain specifically the orbitofrontal cortex, which uses associative information to envision future outcomes can be significantly damaged by binge drinking.
More definitions of orbitofrontal cortexDefinition of orbitofrontal cortex in:
- The US English dictionary