- 1Written for an orchestra to play: orchestral musicMore example sentences
- By 1800 Beethoven was writing more orchestral music, and the sonatas began to break away from the symphonic mould.
- The beautiful sense of orchestral chamber music the trio brought to the Largo was memorable.
- You would believe that Debussy himself wrote the orchestral version of Claire de lune.
- 1.1Relating to an orchestra: an orchestral conductorMore example sentences
- From Auckland, Vivian had been an orchestral conductor while Harold played clarinet.
- Reger, thanks to his experience as a conductor, was a master of orchestral sound.
- No conductor presently active commands more respect from orchestral players than Lorin Maazel.
- More example sentences
- He also wrote a substantial quantity of orchestrally accompanied church music in which solo, ensemble, and choral textures are effectively mixed in a way that to some extent foreshadows Haydn.
- I first encountered the music in the orchestral version and have a preference for it; it seems to me that the music was conceived orchestrally.
- Bearing in mind he always thought orchestrally, we had to establish exactly the right fingering.
More definitions of orchestralDefinition of orchestral in:
- The US English dictionary