- Surgical removal of one or both testicles.More example sentences
- Alternatively, orchidectomy - surgical removal of both testicles, stops the production of testosterone.
- No antecedents of orchitis, infectious disease, or orchidectomy had been recorded in the patients' histories.
- Systemic analgesia or orchidectomy may be required in individual cases.
late 19th century: from modern Latin orchido- (from a Latinized stem of Greek orkhis 'testicle') + -ectomy.
More definitions of orchidectomyDefinition of orchidectomy in:
- The US English dictionary