- A pair of elements a, b having the property that (a, b) = (u, v) if and only if a = u, b = v.More example sentences
- On 4 November 1833 Hamilton read a paper to the Royal Irish Academy expressing complex numbers as algebraic couples, or ordered pairs of real numbers.
- In 1814 Argand had represented the complex numbers as points on the plane, that is as ordered pairs of real numbers.
- The first number in the ordered pairs for each outcome is the payoff to the row player, the second number the payoff to the column player.
More definitions of ordered pairDefinition of ordered pair in:
- The US English dictionary