- A number defining the position of something in a series, such as ‘first’, ‘second’, or ‘third’. Ordinal numbers are used as adjectives, nouns, and pronouns. Compare with cardinal number.More example sentences
- We should say immediately that the ancient Greeks had different systems for cardinal numbers and ordinal numbers so we must look carefully at what we mean by Greek number systems.
- However, it was not to be, but the second paper describes his theory of well-ordered sets and ordinal numbers.
- It basically revolves round the set of all ordinal numbers.
More definitions of ordinal numberDefinition of ordinal number in:
- The US English dictionary