- (Of a compound) containing a metal atom bonded to an organic group or groups.More example sentences
- An organometallic compound is an organic compound in which a metal atom is attached directly to a carbon, with the exclusion of metallic salts of organic acids.
- Metal carbonyls are organometallic compounds where one or more of the metal ligands are carbon monoxide.
- Ziegler was researching organometallic compounds (carbon compounds that contain metals) and their effects on polymerization reaction.
More definitions of organometallicDefinition of organometallic in:
- The US English dictionary