- An instrument of thought, especially a means of reasoning or a system of logic.More example sentences
- For Marshall refused to accept George's organon.
- In the first place, he promoted logic from being the organon or tool of philosophy to that organic part of it which as bones and sinews supplied the articulation and dynamic of its structure.
- So Hegel's objection to the organon theory of knowledge presupposes just what this theory calls in question: the possibility of absolute knowledge.
late 16th century (denoting a bodily organ): from Greek, literally 'instrument, organ'. Organon was the title of Aristotle's logical treatises.
More definitions of organonDefinition of organon in:
- The US English dictionary