- A cooling drink made from orange flower water and either barley or almonds.More example sentences
- This too reached England during the seventeenth century, its name softening to ‘orgeat’ or ‘ozyat’.
- In an ice-filled mixing glass add Bacardi 8, orgeat syrup, coconut cream and cream; shake until well blended, strain into an ice filled double Old Fashioned glass.
- Spain's contemporary version of the ancient refreshments barley-water (French orgeat) or almond-water is made from the tuber chufa and is called horchata.
French, from Provençal orjat, from ordi 'barley', from Latin hordeum 'barley'.
More definitions of orgeatDefinition of orgeat in:
- The US English dictionary