Definition of orgiastic in English:
Of or resembling an orgy: orgiastic dancing
More example sentences
- The problem was that they were only admitted after the festivities had passed their orgiastic peak.
- Since alcohol and blood sacrifice were associated with the worship of the goddess, at times it contained an orgiastic element.
- One of the relative benefits of paganism over Christianity is that paganism usually has holidays devoted to wild orgiastic excess.
Late 17th century: from Greek orgiastikos, from orgiastēs, agent noun from orgiazein 'hold an orgy'.
- Example sentences
- In one carnivalesque scene the peasants return to their abandoned village to find their clothes piled up, sorted by colour; they throw them orgiastically into the air, choosing what they will - their collective property.
- His Hallmark poetry was orgiastically (but cannily) sentimental.
- Surely the best product of To's Cinema City period is The Big Heat, an orgiastically brutal yet intelligently structured policier.
Words that rhyme with orgiasticbombastic, drastic, dynastic, ecclesiastic, elastic, encomiastic, enthusiastic, fantastic, gymnastic, iconoclastic, mastic, monastic, neoplastic, orgastic, periphrastic, plastic, pleonastic, sarcastic, scholastic, scholiastic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan