noun (plural same or oribis)
- A small antelope of the African savannah, having a reddish-fawn back, white underparts, and short vertical horns.
More example sentences
- Ourebia ourebi, family Bovidae
- We also saw large numbers of zebra, impala and oribi and the occasional porcupine.
- It is not clear why the oribi, a small species, produces its young at the peak biomass, unless other factors override nutritional intake.
- Of these the two gazelles produce their young in the early rains, while oribi, of similar size to the gazelles, have a birth peak that coincides with late wet season.
late 18th century: from Afrikaans, from Khoikhoi.
More definitions of oribiDefinition of oribi in:
- The US English dictionary