1A large upper-storey bay with a window, supported by brackets or on corbels.
- Because of the oriel's off-center position, the Dance of Death frieze is divided into two parts of unequal length.
- The tree's branches structurally support the third-floor oriel extending halfway up the fourth floor or gable above it.
- Because the Klein family owned ironworks in northern Moravia, cast iron was widely used on the building's facade in windows and oriels.
1.1 (also oriel window) A window in an oriel.
- The window frames have also been scrapped and repainted and the leaking roof of the oriel window has been repaired.
- The room feels like a ship - Dad and I love boats - and has an oriel window.
- Mullioned turret and oriel windows running across the first and second storeys create a wall-of-glass effect from the exterior and light and airy chambers within.
Words that rhyme with orielaccessorial, accusatorial, advertorial, ambassadorial, arboreal, armorial, auditorial, authorial, boreal, censorial, combinatorial, consistorial, conspiratorial, corporeal, curatorial, dictatorial, directorial, editorial, equatorial, executorial, gladiatorial, gubernatorial, immemorial, imperatorial, janitorial, lavatorial, manorial, marmoreal, memorial, monitorial, natatorial, oratorial, pictorial, piscatorial, prefectorial, professorial, proprietorial, rectorial, reportorial, sartorial, scriptorial, sectorial, senatorial, territorial, tonsorial, tutorial, uxorial, vectorial, visitorial
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: oriel
Definition of oriel in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.