- Books and other items relating to or characteristic of the Orient.More example sentences
- Probably because it's an early work, its influences sound out rather clearly: early Stravinsky, Soviet Prokofieff, Borodinish orientalia, and here and there a bit of Blochian meditation.
- His music is very much of its time, and I should say it has, in its extra-musical concerns of orientalia, hothouse sex, and Celtic twilight, links to the literary Decadents of the Victorian Eighties and Nineties.
- He paid meticulous attention to the warmer sonorities without letting the tinkly orientalia (especially in the Ping, Pang, Pong scenes) obscure the predominantly smooth melodic contours.
early 20th century: from Latin, neuter plural of orientalis 'oriental'.
More definitions of orientaliaDefinition of orientalia in:
- The US English dictionary