- A competitive sport in which runners have to find their way across rough country with the aid of a map and compass.More example sentences
- They both represented Ireland on the same weekend in separate orienteering competitions.
- If you enjoy running or walking, if you are interested in maps and navigation, or if you like outdoor sport, then orienteering is for you.
- Activities will include canoeing, indoor rock-climbing, abseiling, archery and orienteering.
1940s: from Swedish orientering.
More definitions of orienteeringDefinition of orienteering in:
- The US English dictionary