(also orlop deck)
- The lowest deck of a wooden sailing ship with three or more decks.More example sentences
- Pamela made her way to the orlop where Matthews told her the pirate's booty was stored.
- Reaghan was the last to drop into the orlop and close it's trapdoor.
- Not when you were carried to the orlop deck full of king-sized splinters from cannonballs smashing through wooden hulls, I imagine.
late Middle English: from Dutch overloop 'covering', from overlopen 'run over'.
More definitions of orlopDefinition of orlop in:
- The US English dictionary