Definition of ornithischian in English:
Relating to or denoting herbivorous dinosaurs of an order distinguished by having a pelvic structure resembling that of birds. Compare with saurischian.
- The University of California Museum of Paleontology is proud to present displays of ornithischian dinosaurs.
- Meanwhile, the much smaller ornithischian dinosaurs - the ornithopods and stegosaurs - browsed on the undergrowth.
- The williams Fork Formation preserves a diverse dinosaur fauna containing at least nine saurischian and five ornithischian species.
nounBack to top
An ornithischian dinosaur.
- Order Ornithischia, superorder Dinosauria; comprises the stegosaurs, ankylosaurs, ornithopods, pachycephalosaurs, and ceratopsians
- The reasons for the extreme rarity of ornithischians in the Lower Jurassic of China are unclear at present.
- The thyreophorans are the armored ornithischians: the stegosaurs and ankylosaurs.
- A number of interesting structural adaptations were developed within the ornithischians.
Definition of ornithischian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan