- technical term for ostrich dinosaur.More example sentences
- The only remaining controversy is whether therezinosauroids are closer to ornithomimosaurs or to oviraptorosaurs.
- Holtz ultimately concludes that ornithomimosaurs and tyrannosaurs probably form a monophyletic group, although his calculations do not yield a clean separation.
- Previous work with stable nitrogen isotope analysis did not find a significant difference in values between North American ornithomimosaurs and clearly carnivorous theropods such as tyrannosaurids and dromaeosaurids.
1980s: from modern Latin Ornithomimosauria, from Greek ornis, ornith- 'bird' + mimos 'mime' + sauros 'lizard'.
More definitions of ornithomimosaurDefinition of ornithomimosaur in:
- The US English dictionary