A mainly bipedal herbivorous dinosaur.
- Infraorder Ornithopoda, order Ornithischia; includes the hadrosaurs, iguanodon, hypsilophodon, etc.
More example sentences
- The ornithopods, for example, depended on fleetness of foot and acute sight and hearing.
- Such stomach stones or gastroliths have been reported from the gut regions or found nearby of prosauropods, sauropods and ornithopods.
- Virtually all of the common major groups of theropods and ornithopods typical of the Late Cretaceous of northern North America are present.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Ornithopoda, from Greek ornis, ornith- 'bird' + pous, pod- 'foot'.
Definition of ornithopod in:
- The US English dictionary